Middle School Sports
2021 MS Spring Sports Spectator Policies
Eli Terry: Eli Terry is allowing 2 spectators per athlete for both home and visiting teams. Spectators must remain socially distant and wear masks at all times.
Gilbert: Gilbert is allowing two HOME spectators only per athlete. Masks and social distancing are required. No visiting parents are allowed at this point. This policy may be adjusted as the season progresses. I will keep you posted and this information will be on our website.
NWR #7: Northwestern will allow 2 adult family members to attend games here at Northwestern for both home and visiting teams. Masks must be worn and social distancing is a must.
Torrington: Torrington is allowing 2 parents per athlete, both home and away, socially distanced and masked. This obviously could change as well.
Wamogo/Litchfield: Home fans only.
Middle School Spring Sports Announcements
The spring is quickly approaching and our athletic teams are getting geared up for the start of another sports season. Available sports are baseball and softball. All student-athletes need to meet the following requirements in order to participate:
- Registration in Family ID (found on the TGS website under Athletics) for the appropriate Middle School spring sport. STUDENT-ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT REGISTERING IN FAMILY ID.
- An up-to-date Physical Exam Form (blue form). If a student-athlete has not had a physical in the last 13 months, they will be allowed to watch but not participate until a current physical is on file. Student-athletes needing physicals should see their own doctor. Blue forms can be found in the main office, the nurses’ office or in the athletics office here at Gilbert. Again, STUDENT-ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT A CURRENT PHYSICAL and APPROVAL FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE.
- The first day of practice for MS softball is Monday, March 29 at Rowley Field at 3:00 pm.
- The first day of practice for MS baseball is TBD at Gilbert at 2:45 pm.
- All student-athletes should come prepared with the appropriate footwear and workout gear. Baseball and softball gloves are necessary. Individual coaches will provide more details about season schedules and expectations as the season commences.
- Pick up after practice/home games will be at Gilbert for baseball and at Rowley Field for Softball. Pick up after away games will be in the student parking lot.
- When the fields are open, the activity bus will take softball players to Rowley Field, where practice will be from 3:00-4:30. Baseball will practice on VanWhy Field after school.
All Middle School spring sports schedules will be posted when finalized on the CIAC web site and on the TGS website under Middle School Sports.