Middle School Sports
Middle School Fall Sports Announcements
The fall sports season will be here before you know it and our athletic teams are getting geared up for the start of another sports season. Available sports are boys and girls soccer and boys and girls cross country. All student-athletes need to meet the following requirements in order to participate:
- Registration in Family ID (found on the TGS website under Athletics) for the appropriate MS fall sport. STUDENT-ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT REGISTERING IN FAMILY ID and BEING APPROVED BY THE NURSE FOR PARTICIPATION.
- An up-to-date Physical Exam Form (blue form). If a student-athlete has not had a physical in the last 13 months, they will be allowed to watch but not participate until a current physical is on file. Student-athletes needing physicals should see their own doctor. Blue forms can be found in the main office, the nurses’ office or in the athletics office here at Gilbert. Again, STUDENT-ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT A CURRENT PHYSICAL and APPROVAL FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE.
- The first day of practice for boys and girls soccer is Wednesday, September 5th at Rowley Field at 3:00 pm.
- The first day of practice for boys and girls cross country is Wednesday, September 5th at Gilbert at 3:00 pm.
- All student-athletes should come prepared with the appropriate footwear and workout gear. Individual coaches will provide more details about season schedules and expectations as the season commences.
- Pick up after practice/home games for cross country will be at Gilbert and at Rowley Field for soccer. Pick up after away games will be in the student parking lot.
- When the fields are open, the activity bus to take soccer players to Rowley Field, where practice will be from 3:00-4:30. Cross country will practice on VanWhy Field after school.
- All Middle School spring sports schedules are posted on the CIAC web site and on the TGS website under Middle School Sports.