Middle School Sports
Middle School Fall Sports Announcements
The Middle School Sports season will start on September 21, 2020.
Due to Covid-19 complications, the practice starting dates and game schedules are still a work in progress, which will be completed in the very near future. If you have specific questions, please contact Mr. Harbach at 860.379.8521 x 1205 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any “C” cohort students will NOT be eligible to participate in fall sports.
The fall sports season is quickly approaching and our athletic teams will be getting geared up for the start of another sports season. Available sports are boys and girls soccer and boys and girls cross country. All student-athletes need to meet the following requirements in order to participate:
- Registration in Family ID (found on the TGS website under Athletics) for the appropriate MS spring sport. STUDENT-ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT REGISTERING IN FAMILY ID.
- An up-to-date Physical Exam Form (blue form). If a student-athlete has not had a physical in the last 13 months, they will be allowed to watch but not participate until a current physical is on file. Student-athletes needing physicals should see their own doctor. Blue forms can be found in the main office, the nurses’ office or in the athletics office here at Gilbert. Again, STUDENT-ATHLETES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT A CURRENT PHYSICAL and APPROVAL FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE.
- The first day of practice for MS soccer will be determined ASAP and will be held at Rowley Field at 3:00 pm.
- The first day of practice for MS cross country will be determined ASAP and will be held at Gilbert at 2:30 pm.
- All student-athletes should come prepared with the appropriate footwear and workout gear. Individual coaches will provide more details about season schedules and expectations as the season commences.
- Pick up after practice/home games will be at Gilbert for cross country and at Rowley Field for Soccer. Pick up after away games will be in the student parking lot.
- When the fields are open, the activity bus to take soccer players to Rowley Field, where practice will be from 3:00-4:30. Cross Country will practice at Gilbert after school.
All Middle School fall sports schedules will be posted on the CIAC web site and on the TGS website under Middle School Sports.