The Gilbert School begins accepting applications all year. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis until we become full, at which time a waiting list is established.
Students applying to The Gilbert School must complete the following steps:
Step 2: Submit the following required documents:
- Letters of recommendation in English from a Math and English teacher
- Transcripts of grades from the past 3 years that are certified and stamped
- Student essay
- Copy of Passport
- Family photos
- Financial Statement
- Scores from language proficiency test (SLEP or TOEFL accepted)
- Family information
- Application fee of $100 (made out to The Gilbert Trust) at the time of the submitted application. Bank account information and directions can be forwarded to you.
Step 3: Schedule a Zoom interview.
Once students have completed all of the steps above:
- The CEO will make a final decision of acceptance. A formal acceptance letter will be sent to the student/Agency from The Gilbert Trust.
- Upon receipt of the acceptance letter, a financial deposit of $5,000 is required to hold your place at The Gilbert School. An I-20 will be issued to the student/Agency at the required time.
- The final tuition balance is due in full, one month prior to the students start date.
- Health Records (Medical Information/Immunization Record) will be sent in your acceptance packet and must be returned to The Gilbert School as soon as possible after acceptance to the school.
- Students that do not send health records prior to their arrival will not be permitted school housing or to start school.
Contact the Admissions Office
The Gilbert School
200 Williams Avenue
Winsted, CT 06098 USA
The Gilbert Trust CEO