Career and Technical Education Department
Preparing students for the real world.
The Career & Technical Education Department at TGS is committed to providing 21st century skills needed to be competitive in today’s global society
As a result of participation in a variety of courses at The Gilbert School 7-12 CTE Program, students will:
- Demonstrate interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills needed to function in diverse working environments.
- Appreciate the value of the entrepreneurial spirit, both in the small business and in the corporate environment.
- Apply the critical-thinking skills needed to function in students’ multiple roles as citizens, consumers, worker, manager, business owners, and director of their own economic futures.
- Communicate effectively as writers, listeners, and speakers.
Investigate the use of technology in the real world.
- Learn to operate tools and machines with safety and skill, manufacturing and carpentry techniques, etc. that can be applied to the real world in real careers.
- Operate software for computers that is used in the engineering fields to design and output real drawings that manufacturers, carpenters, part makers, etc. would use to create a real product.
- Understand how businesses operate as a consumer, manager, or business owner.
Select and apply technology tools for making personal and business decisions and achieving personal and organizational goals.
- Read, interpret and analyze financial statements, and demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed for making informed business and personal financial decisions.