Applying to the International Residency Program
The Gilbert School begins accepting applications in December. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis until we become full, at which time a waiting list is established.
Download and complete the application for admission, including the required essay, and send it with the $100.00 application fee* to the Director of the International Program, 200 Williams Avenue, Winsted, CT 06098.
You will also need to submit:
- A completed application in English. All information must be true and accurate. The application must be printed, signed by students and parents, and converted into a PDF file.
- An essay of 300 words. It must be typed and signed by the applicant.
- TOEFL or SLEP English proficiency test results.
- Transcript of previous two grade levels (in English) with school stamps and school contact information.
- Two letters of recommendation—one from his or her English teacher and one from the math teacher—with signatures and contact information.
- Bank statement showing a deposit of at least of $50,000 USD to cover cost of tuition and one year of living expenses.
- Any other certificates of special talent or awards (must be translated into English).
- Copy of most recent passport with photo page.
- Current and previous record of discipline infractions, if any.
- $100 application fee payable to the W.L. Gilbert Trust.
TUITION AND FEES
*Application Fee $100; $150 after May 1.
Fill out, scan, and email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send via mail to:
Dean of Admissions
The Gilbert School
200 Williams Avenue
Winsted, CT 06098 USA
Or send via fax to:
Download our Program of Studies here.
Contact the Admissions Office:
1-860-379-1245, ext. 205 (phone)